Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) / Recognition of Current Competency (RCC)
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Recognition of Current Competence (RCC) means that knowledge and skills acquired through work or life experiences may be recognised as equivalent to some specified course outcomes.
RPL/RCC can also be granted for previous formal and informal education that is not recognised under the Credit Transfer policy.
You should consider if you would like to apply for RPL/RCC during the enrolment process so the full benefit of applying can be obtained.
Contact the Course Coordinator before or during the enrolment process if you have any questions. You will need to read the Guides below thoroughly to assist you in your application. The RPL/RCC process requires a significant commitment on the part of the student to provide sufficient and appropriate evidence as outlined in the Guide.
All RPL/RCC applications must be accompanied by a fee of $500 per unit. If you apply for 6 or more units, the fee is capped at $3,000. This application fee covers:
- review of support documents provided by the applicant
- processing of the course application and administration costs
- comparison of criteria from prior study to requirements of the units applied for
- costs associated with the assessment panel reviewing the evidence submitted with your application
- follow up required with persons who can substantiate your competence in the units applied for
Usually an interview will take place so you can verbally supplement the evidence you have provided and clarification can be obtained about how your knowledge and skills match the course requirements.
No course refunds apply for units granted through RPL/RCC. The benefit of undergoing the RPL/RCC process is that students may not need to attend classes for units granted or undertake the assessment tasks.