This Nationally recognised unit describes the skills and knowledge required to follow organisational infection prevention and control procedures, including implementing standard and transmission-based precautions and responding to infection risks.
This unit applies to any customer-facing worker who is eligible to work or volunteer in Victoria, irrespective of their citizenship or residency status with priority given to those working in retail, food handling and transport and logistics.
- Follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control
- Identify infection hazards and assess risks
- Follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards
As part of the course you will be required to perform:
- hand hygiene and care of hand
- use of personal protective equipment
- handling of waste
- enforcing clean and contaminated zones
- limitation of contamination
- surface cleaning
Skills will be demonstrated and assessed in the workplace.